PRR 4, FF-2, 1957         
PMP. Here is an electric locomotive portrait by an unidentified photographer that was taken in Altoona, Pennsylvania, during August of 1957. Shown here is Pennsylvania Railroad engine #4, an FF-2 (1-C-C-1) built by the American Locomotive Company for the Great Northern Railroad as number "5014" in March of 1930, acquired by the PRR and renumbered "4" in August of 1956, and retired in June of 1960 after 30 years of faithful service. In this context, it's parked under the 17th Bridge in Juniata after being refitted and repainted before assuming its helper/pusher role at Thorndale. (#2 of 7)
Date: 8/15/1957 Location: Altoona(Juniata), PA Views: 51 Collection Of:   Thomas C. Ayers
Locomotives: PRR 4(R-2 Boxcab)    Author:  Thomas C. Ayers
PRR 4, FF-2, 1957
Picture Categories: Yard This picture is part of album:  PRR: Dahms ~> Miscellaneous Portraits (PMP)
Share
User Comments No Comments on this picture
Add a Comment:  
Please Log in to leave a Comment.  
Link to this page: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=5486158