|CSS&SB control trailer 353 at Gary, Indiana on February 16, 1964, photo by Chuck Zeiler. Built by Standard Steel Car Company in 1929, this was one of four parlor cars built for the South Shore. The first two, 351 and 352, were built by Pullman and were heavier (111,400 pounds) and required a pair of six-wheel trucks. The second two, 353 and 354 were lighter (92,350 pounds) and used the South Shore's then standard Baldwin 84-60AA trucks without traction motors. As built there were 24 individual seats availble for 50 cents over the regular fare, no controls and the end windows at both ends were considerably larger, going almost to the floor. The parlor cars were generally at the end of Limiteds which also included dining cars. By 1937 the demand for parlor car service had all but vanished and the two Standard Steel parlor cars were converted to control trailer coaches with 56 seats.