|Built for the Oakland, Alameda and Berkeley Lines by American Car & Foundry in 1911, this interurban was brought to LA by the US Maritime Commision to work Calship Specials on the Shipyard Railway to the Calship Shipyard on Terminal Island. In 1945 it went to the Pacific Electric for use on the Southern Division to Long Beach, running out of the PE Terminal on 6th and Main. After the government takeover of PE it was the only "Blimp" to be painted LAMTA green. The parks dept has since repainted it without reapplying to logos.
Los Angeles, CA Map
Author: Charles Freericks
|| This picture is part of album: Freericks 1990s