|Here is page six of a 15-page article by Bert Pennypacker entitled "Soliloquy Of Altoona." It was published originally in the April 1978 issue of "Rails Northeast" magazine, page 21. Partial Caption: "Workers huddle over steam dome atop boiler while M-1b #6711 steams contentedly. PRR Altoona, Pa., roundhouse in background." Photo by J.W. Swanberg. Shown here is Pennsylvania Railroad engine #6711, an M-1B (4-8-2) "Mountain" built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works as an M-1A during April of 1930, rebuilt in Juniata as an M-1B in April of 1948, and retired in September of 1958 after 28 years of faithful service. Photo taken at the East Altoona Roundhouse; partially visible on the left are the Power Plant and its smokestack.