|Here are two nice Alco-GE R-2 electric units that were originally built in 1931 for the New York Central, ex-341 & 342, nee-1341 & 1342. Both had the C-C wheel configuration and later rebuilt to serve the South Shore freight service. Unknown photographer but the slide is from the Houser collection.
Michigan City, IN Map
Author: Gary Everhart
|Picture Categories: Roster,Yard
|| This picture is part of album: CSS #707 & 706