|Fine example of the craftsmanship of the C&O shops in 1947. The loco was originally built by Alco-Richmond in 1926 as a 4-6-2 but rebuilt by the C&O shops in 1947 as a streamlined 4-6-4 Hudson with a new classification of L-1. IMHO, one of the finest streamlined steam locos ever built. The photo is from the C.W. Jernstrom collection.
Clifton Forge, VA Map
Author: Gary Everhart
|Picture Categories: Roster,Steam
|| This picture is part of album: C&O STEAM ALBUM