|This photo shows the area on the east side of Corning that was CP E Glass for much of Conrails existence. The relay case can be seen to the left of track 1 at the crossovers. The lead to the Corning Secondary is the track going off to the left at the lower left corner of the frame. The E Glass/N Glass/W Glass complex formed a wye that connected the Corning Secondary and the Southern Tier Line. The Corning Secondary had been the NYC line along Seneca Lake to Geneva and a connection with the Water Level Route, now Conrails Chicago Line. Trains such as SYEN would come down this line, taking the W Glass leg of the wye and roll through Gang Mills Yard, where there was a connection back to the old alignment on the east side of the Tioga River. That line went down the Grand Canyon of PA to a connection with the Pennsy at Jersey Shore PA on the Buffalo Line. This was part of the 1951 realignment that took both the Central and the Erie out of the street in downtown Corning, a route now followed by NY 352, locally Dennison Pkwy. To the left of the existing track is an empty right of way. This was the DLW, which parallelled the Erie here, having returned to its own line just east of here after the 1959 facilities coordination, whereby the DLW abandoned its main as a through route from the west side of Binghamton. Here at Gibson it returned to its own line to reach Bath, Cohocton, and Groveland on its way to Buffalo. That line would be downgraded, and mostly abandoned after the 1960 EL merger. Prior to 1959, the DLW ran next to the Erie from here to Horseheads, where the lines separated to enter Elmira.