|This was taken from up above Corning on the NY 414 overpass. It gives a good look at the layout in Corning-see the photo of BUME from 1987 in the D&H album for a deeper explanation. The train, TV 300, is on the ex Erie post 1951 alignment, which took the railroad out of the street in downtown Corning, and made a connection with the NYC here. The east leg of that connection is in the foreground. The red lights at CP West Glass, visible to the right of the train in the distance, mark where the west leg of the NYC connection joins the Southern Tier Line. The empty bridge abutments are the abandoned DLW, which passed here before it diverged shortly to the west to head for Bath, Groveland, and Buffalo.