|MUNI car #1058 rolls along the Embarcadero in San Francisco. This streetcar is painted to honor Chicago, which ran PCC streetcars from 1936 to 1958. Chicago had the largest PCC fleet ever purchased new by one city--683 cars. The first Chicago PCCs were nicknamed "Blue Geese" after their paint scheme, so it was natural that the cars delivered in green after the war would be dubbed "Green Hornets" after the then-popular radio serial.
San Francisco, CA Map
Author: Jamie West
|Picture Categories: Transit,Passenger,Action
|| This picture is part of album: San Francisco Municipal Railway Trolley Cars