|BUOI has worked Gang Mills yard and is now heading east for Elmira and Binghamton with 51 cars. This was Eries, and later ELs yard in the Corning area. The track going out of the picture to the far left is the connection to the ex NYC line to Jersey Shore PA. That line originally ran on the other side of the Tioga River at this point. The connection was put in when the Erie and NYC were relocated out of downtown in 1951.
Gang Mills, NY Map
Author: Tom Beckett
|Picture Categories: Yard,Action
|| This picture is part of album: Conrail in the Southern Tier-Susquehanna Division, Endicott to Gang Mills