|Burlington Northern Railroad NW-12 5 at Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 23, 1984, Kodachrome by Chuck Zeiler. Number 5 was built by EMC as GN NW2 5306 in March 1939 (c/n 865) on Order E219, was renumbered to GN 106, after the merger it became BN 454. According to the 1977-80 Burlington Northern Annual (© 1981 Motive Power Services) it was rebuilt at West Burlington, Iowa and released April 9, 1975 as NW2u 5. A total of four former GN NW2's were rebuilt before the Comprehensive Locomotive Rebuild Program (CLRP) was terminated on August 1, 1975, with the fourth rebuild (19, ex-BN 469) still on the floor. It was finished and released almost a year later.