|This KCS identified this F7A as engine number 70 (in the number boards) and unit number 70A (in tiny numerals near the rear), and it was the lead unit on Shreveport-Hope train No. 24. It was renumbered 4055 in April 1978 and rebuilt into a slug with the same number in June 1983. The B-unit was the 76C, one of three F7B's built in February 1951 with steam generators. It was the last of the three in operation and was out of service by the end of 1978, although it wasn't retired until September 1985 and sold for scrap until April 1987. The train's third unit was a GP30. The photographer was offered a cab ride to Hope and back, but his professional obligations prevented him from taking advantage of that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!