|Burlington Northern Railroad E9Am 9901 westbound at Naperville, Illinois on an unknown day in June 1981, Kodachrome by Chuck Zeiler. Built in December 1949 as CB&Q E8 9938A (c/n 9675), it became BN 9938 on March 2, 1970, was sold to the West Suburban Mass Transit District (WSMTD) August 18, 1972 and leased back to the BN for operation and maintenance. It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen during November 1973, returning as BN 9901, still owned by the WSMTD. It was named "Village of Clarendon Hills" and worked in commuter service until retired in July 1992. It eventually became IC 100, then CN 100.