This car was assigned to the CB&Q's vice-president of operations. This was the second of three cars assigned road number 100. The following is excerpted from the Burlington Route Historical Society's Bulletin 17, Office Cars: First 100 was a coach converted to business car around 1881, off the roster by 1925. Second 100 (pictured) was purchased from Pullman in 1914 by Charles Curtiss James as El Paso & Southwestern 1914. The EP&SW was a planned railroad to connect two Phelps Dodge Copper Company Railroad interests, which James hoped to expand into a transcontinental railroad. That plan did not materialize and the EP&SW was sold to the SP. The 1914 was transferred to the CB&Q (becoming second CB&Q 100) when James invested his EP&SW sales proceeds into the CB&Q and WP. By 1928, James contracted with Pullman for a new private car, third CB&Q 100, and second 100 was transferred to the WP in 1929. On September 2, 1931, a fire consumed much of the CB&Q's Aurora, Illinois car shops where third 100 was stored, and the car was destroyed. Second 100 was brought back from the WP and relettered for CB&Q as 100. By 1939, James had decided to sell the car to the CB&Q for $1.00. The Q took advantage of this generous offer, and in 1940 the car was air-conditioned. During the 1951 the Burlington's business car fleet was upgraded, and second 100 received a new air-conditioning system, roller bearing journals and truck-mounted brake cylinders, Titelock couplers, Thermopane windows, and a modernized kitchen and interior improvements. In 1952 the permanent markers and herald were added. It also received shadow-lined aluminum paint, one of only two office cars so painted, which lasted until 1969 giving way to simple aluminum paint. Second 100 made it into the BN roster, but in May 1971 was sold for use as a summer home in Wisconsin. Note that the first two windows at the far end of the car are a drop sash type. These were located in the kitchen, which was not included in the air-conditioning system of the car.