||Centennial History Of The PRR, Page 715, 1949
||Here is a photo from page 715 in the "Centennial History Of The Pennsylvania Railroad Company: 1846-1946" that was composed by George H. Burgess & Miles C. Kennedy and published in 1949. Photo Caption: "American type passenger locomotive. The friction wheel for operating the Loughridge chain brake is plainly seen back of the rear drivers." Shown here is PRR engine #166, a 4-4-0 "American" locomotive built by the Lancaster Locomotive Works during 1853 and retired in March of 1872. Owned originally by the Philadelphia & Columbia Railroad and named "Wheatland." Purchased by the PRR in 1857.
||4/13/1949 Upload Date: 9/7/2017 2:25:59 AM
||Thomas C. Ayers
||178 Comments: 0