||NYC 4-8-4 #6010 Tender
||Nice rear shot of the 14 wheeled tender built for the fast and powerful Alco-Schenectady 4-8-4 Niagras (NYC's nickname for the Northerns) built beginning in 1945. The tender had a small water capacity (18,000 US gallons; 68,000 litres) in the tender, because the New York Central was one of the few in North America which used track pans. This allowed a larger coal capacity—46 tons—so the New York to Chicago run could be done with one stop for coal. The fourteen wheeled tenders were impressive and sleek accompaniment to the stylish loco. Unknown photogrrapher from the Rail Photo Service.
||6/1/1950 Upload Date: 11/10/2018 5:02:15 AM
||78 Comments: 0