||FSSR 4-6-0 #2522 - Fort Smith, Subiaco & Rock Island
||Nice older photo of the Fort Smith, Subiaco & Rock Island 4-6-0 ten-wheeler #2522. According to an online source, "this railway line started out as the Paris–Subiaco Traction Company in 1908, renamed to the Fort Smith, Subiaco and Eastern Railroad in 1909, and finally the Fort Smith, Subiaco and Rock Island Railroad by 1919. It stretched roughly 40 miles along a circuitous route between Paris and Dardanelle, via Subiaco and Scranton. The eastern half of the line between Scranton and Dardanelle was abandoned by 1945, with the rest of the line closing down in 1962." No exact date, location or photographer was given for this photo so approximates were used.
||6/1/1940 Upload Date: 7/12/2017 7:53:34 AM
||221 Comments: 0