||CB&Q 4-6-0 Class K-2 664
||Chicago Burlington & Quincy Railroad 4-6-0 Class K-2 664 on August 1, 1941, location, and photographer unknown, print by Tom Klinger, Chuck Zeiler collection. Number 664 was built by the CB&Q at West Burlington, Iowa in 1896 as Burlington & Missouri River number 14, renumbered to CB&Q 664 in 1904, retired in October 1946. According to the CB&Q Locomotive Assignment Sheet dated August 1, 1940, this locomotive was assigned to the Galesburg Division. Note that the bell is located behind the stack and an open space is between the two domes, generally indicating that this locomotive was once in commuter train service and a Curtis train lighting turbo generator was once located between the domes.
||8/1/1940 Upload Date: 3/26/2015 12:20:38 PM
||366 Comments: 2