|Although this little locomotive was photographed at the Louisiana Industries gravel pit at Price, along the former ICG/GM&O Bogue Chitto Branch, it was still lettered for its previous owner, Celotex Corp. No. 3. The 22.5-ton locomotive was built under H.K. Porter serial number 7146 on 4 June 1929. It and its twin, serial number 7150 of 16 July, were built as Cia. Transcontinental de Petroleo Nos. 1 and 2 for use at Veracruz, Mexico. After only five years south of the border, both of the locos were repatriated to the U.S.. This was probably done in anticipation of the Mexican Government nationalizing the oil industry, which took place in 1938.
The two locos were sold to the Equitable Equipment Co. in New Orleans -- a shipyard which dealt in used locomotives -- in 1936 and advertised for sale. This unit, the 7146, was sold to Celotex Corp. on 5 May 1939 for use at Marrero, LA and renumbered 3. The 7150 ended up at the South Coast Corporation's GEORGIA PLANTATION sugar refinery at Mathews, LA. Since Celotex owned South Coast, the 7150 may have been sold at the same time as the 7146. Celotex 3 remained at Marrero until being replaced by an Alco S3 in 1976 and moving here. The ICG branch serving this gravel pit had been abandoned in August 1980.