||Chicago Aurora & Elgin Railroad 4006 at the IHB interchange in Bellwood, Illinois, date and photographer unknown, scanned from a 2¾X4½ print, Chuck Zeiler collection. Number 4006 (and 4005, trailing) was built in 1929 in the shops of the Oklahoma Railway as Number 604 (CA&E 4005 was built as Number 603). The pair later served in Coffeyville, Kansas on the Union Electric Railway (#604), then the Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Railway (as #73). The pair was acquired by the CA&E in 1955 and lasted until 1962 when they were scrapped at Wheaton. They weighed 72 tons each.
||12/31/1958 Upload Date: 11/9/2011 11:11:58 AM
||CAE 4006(Steeple Cab)
||573 Comments: 1