||Chicago Aurora & Elgin Railroad 315 and 48 at the Laramie Street coach yard, date and photographer unknown but sometime before January 1940, scanned from a 2¾X4½ print, Chuck Zeiler collection. Number 315 was built by the G. C. Kuhlman Car Company in 1909, seated 52 passengers, was equipped with Baldwin 8435 trucks and four GE 66B traction motors and GE C21 controllers. Number 48 was built by John Stephenson Car Company in 1902, was equipped with Baldwin trucks but only two GE 66B traction motors, had GE C6 controllers, and seating for 46 passengers, retired in 1955. The date is a best guess, based on notes in CERA Bulletin 105 which indicates that the arched windows were blocked off on number 48 during January 1940.
||1/1/1939 Upload Date: 4/13/2011 10:08:58 AM
||CAE 315(Interurban) CAE 48(Interurban)
||419 Comments: 0