||Two of the four P12-42s built (two for New Haven, two for Boston & Maine), designed to run on either end of a lightweight Talgo trainset. The New Haven's train was withdrawn from service after less than four years of service and sold to Spain in 1962, so these units spent the rest of their lives rusting away behind the Cedar Hill shops (as shown here) until scrapped in late 1971. Date of photo approximate.
||7/1/1971 Upload Date: 12/11/2010 5:38:05 PM
||New Haven, CT
||1641 Comments: 2