||NYSW 20T #150 - New York, Susquehanna & Western
||Originally built for the US Army during WW II in 1942, this little 20T siwtcher and a sisterwere sold to the NYSW on September 26, 1946. They were refurbished and painted in the railroad's colors of maroon and gray, and numbered 150 and 151. For the next 12 years, they were used as pierside switchers at the Susquehanna's Edgewater, NJ piers, where Seatrain Lines had constructed a huge dock and loading facility on the Hudson River in the Port of New York. After serving the New York, Susquehanna & Western, this little Whitcomb 20T switcher bounced around and finally ended up at the Whippany Railway Museum in Whippany, NJ. No photographer listed for the photo.
||6/1/1950 Upload Date: 10/12/2017 6:23:19 AM
||43 Comments: 0